One of our favorite sides, yum!
[credit to Sarah Fragoso’s “Everday Paleo“]
1 large sweet potato (use a long and thin one like this, easier to cut for chips)
1/4 cup coconut oil (to start, but you may need to add more) (you don’t even need a specialty shop for the coconut oil, we found LouAna at our local regular supermarket)
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into thin round slices using either a mandoline slicer, the slicing blade on a food processor, or by hand (it takes skills!)
- In a large skillet, add the coconut oil and heat over medium high heat until the oil is hot enough to sizzle when you put in a slice of the sweet potato
- Fry the sweet potato chips just a few at a time, making sure not to crowd the pan
- Once the edges of the sweet potato slices start to curl and turn golden brown, flip them with metal tongs and cook for another minute or two, but watch them carefully so they do not burn
- When the chips are done, remove them from the pan and put them on a plate with paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
TIP: make sure to sprinkle on the sea salt while the chips are still hot to ensure maximum flavor and adherence.