On a work trip, Elle met a Canadian who referred her to Living Primal for some good Paleo recipes. Great find and this is a delicious side or appetizer. We tried it with the toothpicks but once the sweet potato got soft, they just pulled right out. Delicious anyway!
- 1-12oz package bacon
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- toothpicks (if you desire)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Wash, peel, and cube sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces
- With sweet potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon. Drizzle melted coconut oil over potatoes and stir with your hands to coat well.
- Cut your bacon in half (or quarters, depending on the size of your potato cubes)
- Line your baking sheet with foil or wax paper
- Wrap each potato chunk with a 1/2 or 1/4 slice of bacon. If using toothpicks, secure bacon piece with toothpick and place on baking sheet. If not using toothpicks, place end of bacon wrap down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Eat and enjoy!